Father to Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, 3rd wine of Bordeaux, Cabernet Franc has arrived!
Centered in one of the hottest vineyards in British Columbia, Vanessa Vineyard Cabernet Franc vines are ideally located to make the most of all that sun.
Growing Cabernet Franc is not easy. Most viticulturists will tell you it is one of the harder varietals to grow successfully. It’s an extremely vigorous grape that wants to run away on you if you are not paying attention.
Rocky soil is the perfect balance for an energetic vine. To produce high quality grapes, the vines must first be tamed. Vanessa Vineyard’s location offers some unique advantages in this regard. The rocky soil helps to control the vines natural instincts to grow and strikes a perfect balance that creates a more concentrated grape.
Mature vines + lots of heat = Opportunity!
2015 marks the first year that Vanessa Vineyard produced a single varietal Cabernet Franc. This is a creation that is the result of tremendous faith and passion. Just a couple of bins came from the first crop in 2008, but the potential was clear from the first barrel. The wine was sublime, and Master Winemaker Howard could not wait to share the results with Proprietors Suki and John.
We have reached the culmination of all of that work. Eight years have passed and the vines have settled down and matured. The sun and rocks have done their job well and surrendered their future to the winemaker’s skill.
After 20 months in the barrel, the results for this 2015 vintage are outstanding. Big fruit, big body and generous flavour characterize this premier vintage.
Cabernet Franc Quick Facts:
Vanessa Vineyard Firsts:
A single barrel of Cabernet Franc was one of the first single varietal wines made from Vanessa Vineyard grapes at Sandhill as a test of the vineyard’s grapes capabilities by Howard Soon. Now Vanessa Vineyard has released it’s inaugural 2015 vintage.
Distinctive Shaped Leaf:
The Cabernet Franc leaf has a distinctive sawed tooth edge which looks like Rod Stewart’s hair.
Cabernet Franc is a wine that benefits tremendously from decanting. After 30 minutes, its natural spiciness will mellow into something softer and richer.
First Batch Planted:
Vanessa Vineyard Cabernet Franc vines were planted in 2006 with the first crop coming in 2008.
Cabernet Franc pairs well with a variety of foods due to its higher acidity. Pair it with roasted pork, lamb, and well herbed BBQ meats. It also goes well with rich cheeses, vegetables and fresh herbs.
Cabernet Franc is grown in many regions around the world. France is the largest, followed by Italy and the United States. Canada, Chile, Hungary and South Africa are some of the newer regions bringing outstanding examples to the market.
With only 220 cases produced, we hope you’ll enjoy this inaugural gem with family and friends. Learn more about the Wine Club here, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.604.689.3882.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, providing couples across the world with the opportunity to profess their love and showcase their affection. A lot of pressure can come along with the day of love, stressing out individuals as they try to come up with something that is both unique and special for their romantic night. Though we may find ourselves attracted to the everyday card or box of chocolates, Valentine’s Day provides us with a creative slate to do something even more special.
We’re here to tell you that you: don’t need to reinvent the wheel. A glass of red wine from your favorite vineyard can enhance an event as special as Valentine’s Day.
Here are 5 reasons why wine is a Valentine’s Day necessity:
- Presentation: If you’re trying to impress your Valentine, nothing looks more enchanting than a glass of red wine at the dinner table. Enjoyed over dinner for thousands of years, there’s a reason red wine is something we reach to consume when we’re celebrating or appreciating what we have. Presentation goes a long way on Valentine’s Day, and it all starts with a bottle of wine.
- Romanticism: Valentine’s Day is the day of love. It’s about being romantic. And what’s more romantic than sharing a glass of delicious red wine with your sweetheart? Rich, deep in flavor, yet mystical, red wine does something for the senses. It helps you to relax, unwind, and really take in that beautiful face looking back at you from across the table.
- Loving Infection: When you drink wine, your brain produces the “love hormone” oxytocin, which is a chemical compound that is prevalent in loving emotions and reproduction. So yes, drinking a glass of red wine will make you a more romantic partner this Valentine’s Day!
- Youthful Happiness: Wine has been shown to promote longevity of life, slowing down the process of aging in both men and women. Thanks to a special compound in red wine known as resveratrol, a chemical reaction activates proteins in our body that protect us from aging diseases. If you and your partner want to both look and feel younger this Valentine’s Day, wine can help.
- Pairing Perfection: If you’re a perfectionist, you’ll want everything about your Valentine’s Day to go perfectly. That means appetizers, entrees, desserts, and drinks that all complement one another. Luckily, red wine complements just about any kind of meal, with a variety of red wines that are custom tailored for any specific type of dinner. Many of us will be cooking dinner on Valentine’s Day, which means a well paired, delicious drink to wash it down with is critically important.
Vanessa Vineyard’s Valentine’s Day Salute
This Valentine’s Day, we want you to enjoy yourself, one captivating glass of red wine from our vineyard at a time. More than the generic wine brands collecting dust at liquor stores, our precisely crafted boutique red wine selections, will elevate your Valentine’s Day experience, one glass at a time.
Make your Valentine’s Day the most memorable and romantic one yet with a glass of Vanessa Vineyard red wine.