Our beautiful new Similkameen Valley tasting room is almost ready to open and we’re hiring! We’re looking for tasting room associates who are enthusiastic, energetic team players and who are passionate about wine and will ensure that all who enter the winery will be treated as family, so they walk away with an unforgettable experience.
This is a seasonal post and you must be able to work weekends as this position is focused on weekends. Full and Part-time opportunities available!
Candidate skills should include, but are not limited to:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills with an ability to adapt to diverse levels of guest knowledge
- Project a polished and professional outward image in both dress and manners
- Conducting structured tastings for those who come to the winery
- Operation of a POS system
- Prior wine knowledge is an asset and a positive attitude is required
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Efficient worker and ability to problem solve
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
Daily Responsibilities (inclusive but not limited to):
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the hospitality space including tasting rooms, walkways, restrooms, and picnic area
- Ensuring the tasting bars are well stocked, free of clutter, and ready to receive visitors
- Communicate Vanessa Vineyard’s winemaking style, operations, and curate a memorable experience to the guest’s knowledge level
- Act as ambassador for the Okanagan’s wine culture with personal experience and recommendations
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Ability to safely lift 40lbs
- Serving It Right Certified
- WSET or Wine Certification is an asset
- Second language is an asset
Do you fit the bill? If so, please apply via email to email@example.com.
We started over a decade ago on the principle of growing and selling high-quality red wine grapes that reflect its terroir. We’ve achieved that goal and are now building a new tasting room in the beautiful Similikameen Valley to showcase our wines from one of the most unique vineyards in Canada, and accordingly are hiring!
We’re seeking a Tasting Room Manager commencing May 1, 2017. We’re looking for a passionate person with hospitality management experience. Some benefits to the position besides a good salary and fantastic new tasting room: promote “absolutely stunning” 95+ points wine, work with fun/smart people, plus as Wine Enthusiast Magazine noted — we’re situated in “the next great Canadian wine region” — only 20 minutes from Osoyoos, 15 minutes from Keremeos. For the full job description please contact Sandeep Sangha.